Sump Pump Installation and Repair
If your sump pump is in need of service or replacement call D.J. Murray Plumbing. Our licensed plumbers are experienced in both commercial and residential sump pump installations and repairs.
A sump pump in good working order is critical if you have water issues in your basement. In a high use situation your sump pump should be checked every year. Sump pump failure can cause water damage and the cost can be high.
A back up system or at least an alarm if the water level in your basin reaches a certain level can alert you in time to fix the problem before any damage is done. We can install battery powered back up pumps and we also recommend water powered back up pumps. Power failure can go hand in hand with sump pump failure and a water powered back up sump pump will use the water pressure in your home or business to pump out the water.
Signs of a failing sump pump include:
- Your sump pump will not turn on. If you sump pump fails to turn on the float switch may be stuck or damaged. If this can't be resolved you will need to replace your sump pump.
- Pump has begun to rust. If you see rust on your sump pump, D.J. Murray Plumbing can diagnose any problems and recommend a replacement if needed.
- Sump pump makes strange noises or vibrations. If your sump pump is vibrating or making strange noises while running you may have a failure in the near future. The motor may be damaged or the impeller can be bent or damaged requiring a sump pump replacement.
- Sump pump runs constantly. If your sump pump doesn't cycle or shut off intermittently you have a problem. The pump may be damaged or not able to handle the amount of water filling the sump pump basin. We can determine if you pump is powerful enough to handle the water load or if it's damaged and in need of replacement.
- Your pump is older than 7 years If you have a quality sump pump under a heavy load and it's older than 7 years failure could happen at any time. In this case you have reached the life expectancy of many pumps and should keep a close eye on your sump pump.
D. J. Murray Plumbing also offers installation and repair of sewage ejector pumps.
If you have any questions about sump pump back up systems or are in need of a sump pump repair or replacement call D. J. Murray Plumbing today for fast and experienced service.